Sunday, August 15, 2010

True Blood Sunday and Next Food Network Star Finale

Today's Sunday and you all know what that means...


True Blood
is on tonight!


Last week's preview was very promising:

1. King Russell says someone "will pay"... does he know gorgeous Eric was the one who killed his Talbot?

2. Sookie and Bill had sweaty, bloody, dirty make up sex... and now Bill says he knows what Sookie is... Will it be revealed? Will the writers stick to the original series? If they do, we'll soon find out that Sookie is a descendant of...

3. A new, gorgeous, old vamp lady says something about the Magister? Who is she? And what is she talking about?

4. Pam and Eric have a moment. Will Eric as a Master release Pam? 

I was re-reading Club Dead and Dead to the World and it seems to me like the writers of True Blood are combining both books in this season. I don't mind that at all, especially if it means that gorgeous Eric and Sookie will finally get it on... 

What I do mind, though, is how different Book Sookie is from t.v. Sookie. Check it out and I'm sure you'll agree:

1. Book Sookie is a size 8 to 10, 5'10', busty, curvy beautiful blonde. I still don't understand why Anna Paquin was chosen for this role. She's small, with small breasts, nearly no curves and an okayish looking face. There must be thousands of beautiful, curvy blondes that could do this part. Why settle?

2. Book Sookie doesn't screech nearly as much as television Sookie. On a previous episode, Sookie is trying to escape with Tara from Russell's mansion. She finds Bill and is stubbornly trying to save him. We all love Steven Moyer so we don't mind... what we do mind is that if she is trying to escape from a place, how is it possible that she screams for help (to save Bill)? Is she stupid or something? And how horrible does Anna Paquin looks screaming?

3. Book Sookie, with her Word of the Month Calendar vocabulary and life lessons is a sassy know-it-all. She doesn't bow down easily to other people and she is sure of herself. Television Sookie... Where do I begin? Her sweet, sing song voice... her shyness... sometimes she stands up for herself, yes, but most times she lets everyone do everything for her. In the books she saved people, she fought things bigger than her (in Club Dead she kills Lorena while fighting her. Bill was too weak and bound to be any help).

Do I need to say more? I feel like the writers decided to jump on the Twilight wagon and make Sookie more like Bella Swan. Why would anyone think that is a good idea? Bella Swan is the most pathetic Mary Sue I've ever read! But I digress...

Anyways... True Blood is on tonight. Yes. I'll be watching and recapping the whole thing tomorrow along with some commentary on how closely (or not) it resembles the books.

Also on tonight: The Next Food Network Star Finale!

After weeks of culinary challenges (Did Giada have to go through all of this?) we are finally down to the final three: Aarti with her annoying "Aarti Paarti", Herb with his "Cooking con Sabor" (I wouldn't mind having to watch him...) and Tom with his "Big Chef" (I like him as well).

Who will win?

Do we really care?

After losing cute Brad Sorenson, I have to say I don't really care all that much for the final three. But I've invested nine hours of my life to watching this thing so I'm going to finish. This is it. Of course, I won't watch it live (True Blood is at the same time) so I'm going to record it, fast forward it to see who won, and then sit down and watch the whole episode. If there is something particularly fun there I'll blog about it.

Enjoy your shows!

M.


No comments:

Post a Comment