Thursday, August 12, 2010

What you should know...

Here's the thing:

I'm a twenty seven years old lawyer from Puerto Rico who has a ton of work to do, but gets bored easily. Every time this happens I take out my Blackberry and start browsing through the web. Everyone does it, right? 

As I'm sure a lot of people do, I watch a movie, a television show or read a particularly stupid celebrity tweet and I immediately want to know what other people think. Half of the time I read blogs and reviews and find their writing kind of... boring. Maybe I'm too much of a dork but when I read a blog about True Blood I want to know:

1. How is the series different from the books?
2. What is going to happen next?
3. When are Eric Northman and Sookie Stackhouse gonna get it on?
4. Is Sookie really that pathetic in the books? (Hint: She isn't.)
5. Why does Charlaine Harris says that she doesn't approve of Sookie Stackhouse fanfiction because it changes the essence of the book (or something) and yet she just loves True Blood (even though it couldn't be more different from the actual books)?

Etc. Etc. Etc. 

The same happens when I read Twilight... I wanted to know what people thought about the books. I have found quite a lot of websites devoted to pro and anti Twilight movements. But again, what I want to read about I can't find:

1. What do fans really think about Kristen Stewart and her whiny ways?
2. Why is it that even though Alice is one of the most loved characters in this series she didn't get to tell her story in the movie?
3. Why are so many men running to tattoo parlors to get Taylor Lautner's New Moon wolf tattoo? (What are they trying to say? "Hi! I'm ______ and I love chick movies!" Really?)

Again... etc. 

So instead of whining like Kristen Stewart, I decided to just write down what I think and hope some people will share their thoughts with me. It seems like a good idea, its free and who knows? Maybe some of you will like it!

Stick around. Weird things are about to happen...

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment